Come to San Miguel de Allende to expand your cultural awareness and language abilities in the nursing field!
CEUs are typically available, however, they need to be requested in writing PRIOR TO participating in the program. Please contact your local board for details.
Objectives and Methodologies:
2 hours of individualized general and medical Spanish training per day
- 5 - 7 clinical contact in physician supervised hospital and clinic settings, where you are legally an “observer,” but do have opportunities to interact
- Increase command of Medical Spanish
Increased Cultural Literacy and awareness:
Interaction with Latino patients in clinical settings described above
- Participation in various cultural activities in San Miguel de Allende and surrounds
International Medicine / Health awareness:
Observation and supervised participation in Health Ministry facilities
- Standards of Care
- Familiarization of Mexican formulary and laboratory and diagnostic studies.
- Additionally, there are opportunities for the student to participate in our various community based training activities, such as ACLS, ATLS, ALSO, and other programs
If you are ready to apply, click here and fill out the application; you’ll hear from us shortly!
After the application is completed, we will send you the pre-Spanish test (that will help us assess your functional level of spanish), the invoice for the deposit, housing information, and more. Do you have any interested colleagues in the medical field? This is a great program to do with your friends, study Spanish, and learn about health in a new cultural setting.