Hundreds of Medical Students from all over the United States, Canada, U.K. and Australia have gone through our MedSpanish program. Here’s what they’re saying about it.
The MedSpanish elective has the following objectives and methodologies for medical students:
- 2 hours of individualized general and medical Spanish training per day
- Up to 7 hours a day of clinical contact in physician supervised hospital and clinic settings as required by the Dean of Students from your home institution where you are legally a medical "observer," but do have opportunities to interact
- Increase command of Medical Spanish
Increased Cultural Literacy and awareness:
- Interaction with Latino patients in clinical settings described above
- Participation in various cultural activities in San Miguel de Allende and surrounding areas
International Medicine / Health awareness:
- Medical observation and supervised participation in Health Ministry facilities
- Standards of Care
- Familiarization of Mexican formulary and laboratory and diagnostic studies.
- Additionally, there are opportunities for the student to participate in our various community based training activities, such as ACLS, PHTLS, ALSO, and other programs